STRATEGIC SOURCING MANAGER
Office Work Done is an administrative and business operations support agency. Our tailor-fit service matches our client’s needs with professionals who can help drive their operations forward and help them grow. We are currently sourcing candidates for a Strategic Sourcing Manager for a renewable energy company to identify, develop and manage the procurement of critical materials for their products.
TYPE: Direct Placement
SALARY RANGE: $90,000 – $150,000 per year, commensurate with experience
LOCATION: Louisville, CO 80027
- Develop critical sourcing avenues and relationships to ensure supply quality, delivery, and continuity
- Qualify new suppliers, execute cost and quality roadmaps, negotiate prices & terms, and manage supplier performance.
- Work with engineering, production, quality, and other team members to understand company needs for procurement and own it.
- Develop and execute a global sourcing strategy for key materials.
- Develop and manage a commodity management strategy for key technical commodities.
- Coordinate the qualification of alternative/new suppliers where needed.
- Negotiate commercial terms for large capital projects
- Support cost-down roadmap initiatives by working with internal engineering teams and suppliers
- Analyze and improve performance indicators to ensure schedule, cost, and quality goals are met
- Support product design and NPI by identifying sourcing options, negotiating best commercial terms, and expediting material as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline. MBA is a plus.
- Collaborative work style
- Minimum 5+ years of experience in commodity management involving highly technical materials in a manufacturing environment preferably plastics and advanced materials.
- Minimum 5+ years of experience sourcing for manufacturing companies, preferable for OEM companies.
- Minimum 5+ years of experience negotiating contracts for multi-year supplier contracts of complex materials.
- General technical knowledge of commodities including familiarity with key technical parameters and ability to understand supporting technical documentation
- Ability to direct and lead cross-functional process improvement teams.
- Ability to organize and prioritize multiple tasks and take initiative.
- Clear written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work through complex purchasing issues and offer guidance and direction in a positive, solution-oriented manner.